I had an interview today with a woman from Show Space London to possibly work at the BFC Show Space for LFW. The woman was really nice and hinted to me that I got a place and said she will email me so life is good :). She basically just checked I would be free, asked about my previous LFW experience and asked who my favourite designers were. At that point my mind went totally blank and I could only think of 4! 4! How pathetic is that! As soon as the pressure was off I could think of hundreds, but when it matters? Pathetic brain. I also have a job interview tomorrow and with all this on top of my Cousins weddings coming up and all my Uni work things are starting to get busy.
I am partly excited about LFW just to blog about it. I never blogged about my LFW with Goodley PR but this time I will make sure I do! Should be a lot more exciting this time around! PPQ, Holly Fulton, David Koma, Mark Fast, Betty Jackson, Daks, Jaeger London, John Rocha, Ashish and Mark fast are amoung some of the designers set to show this LFW at the BFC Show Space. I must say (assuming I have the place) it is all going to be very exciting!
Our first New Faces feature for this upcoming show season is for the sensational Madelene from Sweden. Not only does her unique style blow us away, she also possesses a confidence that amps up everyone else's energy around her. If you are interested, do give her brilliant blog (The URL of which is named for when she worked in Singapore) a gander! But in the meantime, check out her answers to our questionnaire.
1) How would you describe New York? Winter-wonderland? Other than that it is amazing...the city never sleeps! That's one thing I like: always people in circulation.
2) What are you wearing to stay warm in these freezing temperatures? My fur coat and lots and lots of clothes layering underneath it.
3) What is your favorite word? Least favorite word? "Iloveyou" is a good one, that's one word right? Hm, most unpleasant word...that's a hard one. Maybe sore feet. In Swedish it's one word, "Skoskav".
4) What was the last movie you watched? What did you think about it? Despicable Me, saw it on the flight to New York, and it is such a cute movie. I love the little girl Agnes.
5) What was the best birthday gift you ever received? A gold bracelet, which I got on my 19th from my lovely boyfriend. Unfortunately I lost it after just 2 weeks...oops! I have a new one now that's exactly the same.
6) Tell us the FIRST thing that comes to mind when you see each of the following words:
Black - is the color of ALL my clothes basically. Sad but true. Models - are awfully gorgeous! Coffee - is to be drunk black. No other way. Marilyn - is the best agency in NYC. Love you guys! (Aw, thanks!) Rabbit - coat! My sister has a black one which is amazing. I'm so envious. Runway - me, in one week I guess. Heard that you always remember your first season. So excited!!! Snow - is suppose to be in Sweden not New York city! Door - ...? My mind went totally blank. Haha. Pass.