Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Unwanted Presents Of Aunty Elle.

This morning my Elle magazine came in the post with a free gift; an 'Urban Outfitters' bag to be precise. At first I wonder as to why Elle would do something as tacky as to give free gifts with the magazine but then I came to the conclusion that perhaps Urban Outfitters payed them alot of money too, as part of a marketing campaign. My illusions of it being a one off, however, where soon destroyed when, as to my horror, as I was reading the magazine, I read that next week there will be a free top with "4 colours to choose from".
I am disapointed in you Elle. If I wanted such junk acumilating in my house I would go to car boot sales on a weekly basis, but I do not. Infact I only just emptied my room of such rubbish throwing out about 2 bin bags full. I do not need anymore.
You may then say "throw it away", but what about saving the planet? Being "green" and unwasteful? Producing all these things that people will just throw away is far from helping the planet and contradicts the concept of eco-fashion.
I feel sad to say that every week when I read Elle it does seem to be going downhill. Im not sure what it is: the content? the features? the celebrities? but something in my opinion has made it lose its touch. Maybe its that Vogue and i-D get better everyweek but my preference of fashion magazines is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment