Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Music

If you know me you know i'm in love with music. I listen to it everyday constantly...music is like therapy for me. Music gets my pumped up when i wanna go out, calms me down, and are easily relatable. Theres a song for everything...cheating, going out to the club, dancing, etc.

Some of my personal favorite artists are...Britney Spears, Kayne West, Keri Hilson, Lady Gaga, Jay-z, Pharrell, Ryan Leslie, Neyo, Sara Bareilles, Eminem, and many more lol.


Keri Hilson has been on the top of my list for the past 2 years...she's made some amazing music. She's written music for various artists for a while but just recently released her first debut ablum, "A Perfect World". I believe she's written music for Beyonce, Rihanna, and more. I'm sure most of you have heard "Energy", "Turnin Me On", and "Knock You Down" featuring Kayne West and Neyo. All 3 of these songs were huge hits and I loved them. The first time I heard of her was when she was on a song with Rich Boy called "Good Things" 2 summers ago that was a hit. Bottom line, she's an amazing artist and makes great music and I'm sure her good work will continue...


Photobucket



Kanye West is unstoppable and of course one of my top favorites. I've always loved his music. He went from the more hip hop "College Dropout" album with "Slow Jams", "All Falls Down", "Through The Wire", and "We Don't Care"...then released "Late Registration" with hits like "Touch The Sky" and "Diamonds"....then my favorite album "Graduation" with "Stronger" and "Good Life" that were huge hits. "Stronger" was my favorite because it was a completely different sound from any other music that was out...it was hip hop but with a pop like sound...amazing. Then he came out with "808's and Heartbreak" with one of my favorite songs he's written...."Robocop." Kanye West is unstoppable and I can't wait to see what he's coming out with next...


Photobucket


Ryan Leslie has been in the industry for a few years now and is very talented. I've even heard he graduated from Harvard lol. I'm sure you've heard "Addiction" featuring Cassie and there is a remix featuring Keri Hilson instead of Cassie as well. That song was a definite hit and I heard it everywhere. Also, one of my favorite songs "Gibberish" was very clever and unique...that was the perfect title for the song lol. You can tell some of what he's saying but it's mostly "gibberish" lol but the beat itself is incredible and I could listen to it over and over. "How It Was Supposed To Be" is another good song that's R&B with a flare of Pop. I know he's not at the top of his game and isn't as big as Neyo or Beyonce but he's very talented and I love his stuff.


Photobucket



Pharrell is another one of my favorites and has been in the game for years now. He's worked with big names like Jay-z, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and more. He's in his own band N.E.R.D and I love their music as well. He's produced songs like "Boys" by Britney Spears, "Frontin" with Jay-z, "Universal Mind Control" with Commmon, "Blue Magic" with Jay-z, "Everybody Nose" with Kayne West and much more. His music is pop/punk/hip hop and i love the mixture of those 3 genres. He makes hits that you can dance too and that pleases lots of people. Thanks to him a lot of artists have made it big and have "up'd" the charts. Unlike T-pain he puts a different flare to each song he produces or features on rather than that same auto-tune stuff that i'm so sick of lol.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment