Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Milan Baby!

Hello everybody :)
Sorry I haven't posted in soooooooooooooooo looooooooooooong!
I have just had some things going on in my personal life so have been unable to post,
but! I am back! and ready to post again like there is no tomorow.

MILAN!
A beautiful little city. A little gruby and grimy but charming with its contrast of historic monuments and its graffiti covered streets.
When I visited we wanted to see lots of the city. We went to the Duomo and went on its roof and if the roof itself doesn't satify you with its beauty the view from the top sure will. I also wanted to go to the Fondazione Arnaldo Pomodoro Design Museum, the cute vintage boutiques, the macarbe San Bernardino Alle Ossa Church, with its walls covered in skulls, but unfortunatey everything is shut in august. It seems strange to me why you would shut your main attractions in a peak tourist season, with even big stores such as M.A.C closed for the month but we had plenty of fun riding the trams and the underground. On the underground they had cool fans which also sprayed water, a relief and a half I can tell you. Now I will never complain about the London Underground being to hot again.
For a fashion capital the people are not very stylish, something I can compare similarly to Paris. I can understand why they don't wear heels much though, as in the slow paced city people walk everywhere. Lets just say OUCH! My feet were in need of a nice hot bath by the end of the day.
Food of course was great. Great pizza. Great ice-cream. Great Italian food done well.

I took some pictures of the classic monuments...



But personally I find these alot more interesting...






What sort of photography do you prefer? The nitty gritty street style or classic beauty?

I also saw the most AMAZING duvet cover in the window of a closed shop....


I NEED! I NEED! I NEED!
Who cares if I don't have a double bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment